If you would like to receive the E-news in your E-mail complete the form found below…. Thanks for keeping up on what’s happening @ Compass Kenmore.
Compass Christian Church-Kenmore
|September 24, 2017
E-NEWS – Reaching into the Community….and beyond
Ways that Compass is Navigating, Engaging, Serving, and Worshiping ….
- FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY:
Missed first session? No problem ! register at address below or contact Charles @ 330.571.1566 We’ll get you caught up!!!
What if you knew where all of your money was going each month? What if you were debt-free, investing and making wise spending decisions? With Dave Ramsey’s class Financial Peace University, you CAN take control of your money and start planning for your future. If you’re interested in learning more about the class, contact us! Because we’re offering it at Compass Christian Church JUST FOR YOU starting September 21, 6:30 PM.
- Smart Money – Live Simulcast / November 7 @ 8 PM.
Dave Ramsey. This will be a follow-up to Financial Peace University or can be a stand-alone event. Compass will host this event and broadcast the live feed in the worship center on the big screen. More info to come.
- Women’s Event: ASPIRE – 2017 tour.
Friday, October 6, 2017, Greenford Christian Church. 7:00 PM. Featuring Anita Refroe, Shannon Hoffpaur, and Mia Koehne. Call 480-812-1100 or go to AspireWomensEvents.com for Information and tickets.
- Open Tone Music Academy:
The Academy opened on September 9, @ 9:00 am and will meet every Saturday (except Nov. 25) 9:00 am till Noon. Those interested in enrollment should send contact info to either Info@opentonemusic.org or KenmoreOffice@att.net. This marks their second year of partnering with Compass to provide music lessons for children in Elementary and Middle School. Note that you are interested in the academy and someone will contact you. Or you can come on September 9th to get more information.
- Trick or Treat and Tunes / Musical guest – Westward Road
October 28: will be presenting a Concert from 4 -5 PM. From 3:15 -3:50 pm the building will be open with trick or treat stations and refreshments in the building leading up to the concert. We need 3-4 families to volunteer to decorate a doorway in the North/South Hallway and pass out treats. Donations of candy will be gladly accepted.
- Community Thanksgiving Dinner: Kenmore Community Center, November 21st. We will be looking for donations of turkeys and desserts – also volunteers to serve the meal. Stay tuned for more details!!! Typically setup is 2:30pm – 4:30pm and meal served 5:30pm – 7:30pm.
Other Community impact:
- SAFY & ASPIES continue to meet and touch lives all over Greater Akron
- Kenmore Ministerial Association continues to develop their outreach into Kenmore schools & reaching out to churches in Garfield / Firestone Park area.
- Kenmore Neighborhood Association: Charles is now a board member working to help improve the Kenmore Neighborhood.
Once again, we ask our readers to consider how YOU can become part this work taking shape in the Kenmore Community. We need both churches and individuals: Contact Compass regarding the ways you can become part of work here!!! KenmoreOffice@att.net or call 330-571-1566.
Charles will be involved in some seminars / training for Church planters (leaders) in the coming months – Please pray for these events and Charles’ involvement:
- October 3: On The Table. Breakfast meeting and discussion of community needs and issues. Hosted by Compass 8am. Contact Charles at KenmoreOffice@att.net for details and reservation (must have a reservation).
- October 15-16: Lead Lab @ North Point Community Church / Georgia. Attending service at North Point, attending workshops on reaching out to the Unchurched, and time with a member of Andy Stanley’s staff.
- January 9-10: 2018 Church Planter Roundtable / Orlando. Presented by Christian Financial Resources, Inc. Sessions led by Phil Claycomb & David McCants – both experienced church planters.
- February 19-23: 2018 Johnson University Homecoming / Council of 70 meetings. Fellowship and special speakers as well as Alumni meetings concerning future of the University
- March 10: Center for Church Leadership 2018 Church & Leadership Summit. Led by Bob Russell and Barry Cameron.
- Victims of Harvey in Texas / Victims of Irma in Caribbean and Florida / Other victims of storms and natural disasters
- Pray for our national leaders, state leaders, and community leaders
- Pray for Kenmore Neighborhood Alliance – reorganization and plans for future activity
- Pray over Compass’ continuing community involvement
- Pray over Compass’ need for a growing Financial base / Charles meeting with several mission groups in the coming weeks giving an update on the work here.
- Health and Safety of Staff and volunteers at Compass
- Health of the membership and attenders at Compass
- The Kenmore and Garfield community and school leaders
Fill out the information below to be added to the list of prayer partners.