If you would like to receive the E-news in your E-mail complete the form found below…. Thanks for keeping up on what’s happening @ Compass Kenmore.
Compass Christian Church-Kenmore
|November 12, 2017
E-NEWS – Reaching into the Community….and beyond
Ways that Compass is Navigating, Engaging, Serving, and Worshiping ….
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Because everyone on staff at Compass is Bi-vocational (working for church and also at “real” jobs—in retail no less!!
Our weekly E-news will be suspended after this issue until after Thanksgiving. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas look for at least one update (2 if time permits) and then after the New Year holiday we will return to weekly updates.
Important updates and events will be posted there as well as other items of encouragement and inspiration.
Community Thanksgiving Dinner: Kenmore Community Center, November 21st.
We will be looking for donations of turkeys and desserts – also volunteers to serve the meal Typically, setup is 2:30pm – 4:30pm and meal served 5:30pm – 7:00pm. Sign up sheets for volunteers and food are at the back of the auditorium. We need turkeys (roasted, sliced, delivered cold). If you are willing to do a turkey it can be done early and then frozen – thawed before delivery on November 21. Charles will pickup your turkey if needed. Contact him at 330-571-1566.
December 2: Christmas on the Blvd. Part of the festivities will be a couple of performances of A Charlie Brown Christmas and Jazz music provided by Open Tone Music Academy & staff.
Times are still in the works – we will notify you as soon as get those times. Plans are also in the works for teaming up A Charlie Brown Christmas and Open Tone on December 9 & 16. As soon as dates and times are available these will be added to the church calendar. As soon as we have firm times these will be posted.
Compass Sunday Mornings / Nov. 26 – December 24: This is a special sermon series designed to coincide with Advent and to give you a great opportunity to involve you friends and family in our Compass Sunday Morning services. You’re invited to come along for an unforgettable journey of Hope, Love, Joy, & Peace. Jesus’ humble birth was not exactly what the people of Israel were expecting. Today, God still shows up in unexpected ways to fill our journey with true hope, just as He did that first Christmas. 10:00 am Sundays. Nov. 26 – Dec. 24. The Star. A Journey to Christmas. www.CompassKenmore.com/events. Also check out http://ajourneytochristmas.com. We have about 400 invitations left to distribute. Pick up a stack at the back of auditorium.
December 24: Christmas Eve Sunday: After prayer and discussion we have decided that since Christmas Eve is such a traditionally family oriented day for so many in our congregation (and several may have plans to travel to be with family) we are going to have our usual Compass Sunday Morning service at 10:00 am and no other services that day. We will let you know the times for Special Christmas Eve services taking place in the area if you wish to attend one.
December 31: New Year’s Eve Sunday: Much like Christmas Eve – due to possible work schedules and travel plans we will have our usual Compass Sunday Morning service at 10:00 am and no other events that day.
Charles will be involved in some seminars / training for Church planters (leaders) in the coming months – Please pray for these events and Charles’ involvement:
- January 9-10: 2018 Church Planter Roundtable / Orlando. Presented by Christian Financial Resources, Inc. Sessions led by Phil Claycomb & David McCants – both experienced church planters.
- February 19-23: 2018 Johnson University Homecoming / Council of 70 meetings. Fellowship and special speakers as well as Alumni meetings concerning future of the University
- March 10: Center for Church Leadership 2018 Church & Leadership Summit. Led by Bob Russell and Barry Cameron.
We continue to serve our community working with:
- SAFY & ASPIES / foster family support and training – families with autistic members support
- Kenmore Ministerial Association
- Kenmore Neighborhood Alliance:
- KenMore Kreative: Youth theater and dramatic arts group
As always: we ask our readers to consider how YOU can become part this work taking shape in the Kenmore Community. We need both churches and individuals: Contact Compass regarding the ways you can become part of work here!!! KenmoreOffice@att.net or call 330-571-1566.
- Pray for the continuing community involvement by Compass Christian Church and her members
- Pray over Compass’ need for a growing Financial base / Charles continues to meet with several mission groups in the coming weeks giving updates on the work here.
- Outreach opportunities with Christmas programs / Open Tone & Advent services / The Star
- Health and Safety of Staff and volunteers at Compass
- Health of the membership and attenders at Compass
- The Kenmore and Garfield community and school leaders
Fill out the information below to be added to the list of prayer partners.